Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving

Well, Saturday the boys had a brake pad project on little green, then finished up Monday morning (quickly-by going and getting the right tool) Maybe there's a lesson in that??
We had Stake Conf, and an extra meeting Sat on teaching the new Come Follow Me curriculum that I participated in by being part of a panel (but if the truth be told, it was pretty boring) It meant all of us went at 2:30 with Isaac for the Priesthood meeting, then I hung out with the boys, then he hung out with the boys...and the adult session? There will be nursery-NO but there was CHAOS, oh well. We got to hear bits and pieces and it was fun. The focus was definitely hastening the work!
The Turners let us in on the YSA  activity again Sunday, we love it! And really we both spent so much time in the singles wards-we really fill "at home" in those activities, it was really fun. They have a granddaughter that lives with them that's just a little older than Cannon, so he had a great time too.
Monday Cann talked his dad into a quick look at equipment trip-and they totally talked to someone about the church. I was so proud of them! Tues we had the missionaries over but Isaac's friend from school stood us up. Oh well.
Colt got an early Christmas present-a jumper! Cannon was so excited for him. When he has a bottle and its about gone I try to prop it in his hand, the sooner he learns to hold his own, the better. Cannon never did...but I really think its in Colt's best interest. And he's starting to practice the beginnings of a roll. 
Let it be Christmas! Wednesday night before left we had a little Christmas Tree project. Cann loved it. Getting the Christmas tree out from under the bed :)
The Meachams graciously invited us up for Thanksgiving again. SO FUN! We love them and while we are so happy for them to be so close to done with residency we will be sad when the aren't so close. We are thankful for cousins! We had a great thanksgiving and went to the botanical gardens on Friday.
No flash on that phone pic but Ryan and Sarah tended while Isaac and got to do a temple session in the Memphis Temple Friday night. The kids had so much fun I wish I had got pictures of the "trach" operation they performed on Mr. Incredible, it was hilarious, I guess when your dad is a surgeon... Just fun all around and Saturday there was an extra Home Depot workshop for "Black Saturday" we hit it up before heading home.
Can you think of a better place to run into Santa? I can't! Actually the worker lady said I was more excited than the kids. Hey, I BELIEVE!! (That lady was a bit of a nut job though.)
Cannon was all about telling him that he wanted a backhoe with stabilizers that go up, then going back up to him and telling him "and a dump truck for Colt Buddy" and even showing him his cool toolbox he made, but take a picture with him? NO WAY. Oh Well, Max and Calvin were game.
So much fun, I just love Sarah (and Ryan and their kids) she is such a good example!
The boys found a lizard IN THE HOUSE it's a cute picture of Colt I'm just glad I wasn't home for the event, apparently it was a different color but turned green as it warmed up in Isaac's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment