Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter

Grampa needed a new pic so Cannon and I finally got Colt's "Feed Yard" hat made...shirts that match them a little better are on the back burner.

Friday night Cannon and Isaac went fishing again. Cannon kept saying how beautiful it was and how much he liked being out in the country. They were at a little pond smack in the middle of town. He is such a character. They caught another fish--even took another picture, for me- then when they were washing their hands Cannon fell in, and Isaac stepped like a normal person in his efforts to rescue the Cann Man-thereby setting back the healing of his foot, he was hurting! BUMMER. Colt and I we just did a little Easter shop'n. We talked about Going to the Braves game but just decided it was going to be late with the kiddos and turned it on the radio and found out we missed out on seeing Murph there. If I would have known he was going to be there I would have been all for it, he was a childhood favorite.
Saturday Heaven smiled on high, I know it did, Grama Frei was up there smiling as I was passing on the old Swiss tradition of dying Easter Eggs. We went up to the Shields and had a great time. Well, ok, really we pulled up and Bishop was standing there with a snake in his hands, I really would have been fine with pulling back out. I don't do reptiles! Later they had a lizard. Cannon held it, one of the boys let bite and hang from his ear, I just think its gross.
 

But the egg dying project was fun and we stayed for dinner which was delicious and fun and we met Bishop's brother and his wife and visited and laughed and laughed, as we left I told Isaac we have got to do something with them again. It was just fun! And it seems too rare that we get together with other couples (and enjoy ourselves so thoroughly.)
Saturday was Easter--so fun.
The Easter Bunny came but the boys slept in. (I usually don't complain about that) But we couldn't hide the Easter Bunny stuff so it made getting to church on time a little tough. The very first thing out of Cannon's mouth was "THANK YOU!" I love that. Then he looked up and back at me and asked "Do you think the Easter Bunny heard me?" ...I assured him he did :) We had a guy in our ward invite us to a little get together with some of the other people in the ward that don't have family close. (So while the boys slept in I was up before the crack of dawn playing Betty Baker for the potluck thing.) That little shin dig was "right" after church but nothing's ever right after church and Cannon was running around and ran into the chalk board tray--it was nap time anyway--we totally vetoed that little event and headed home for naps. Cannon assured me "milk and a silk would help his face feel better" so we headed home. Then the cute Blalocks (who are like our family out here) invited us to their family Easter celebration. Sage, Ginger's daughter had asked me at church if we were going to be able to make it and she told me that her uncle "had a caste and a cabin" I was total thinking Playskool back yard kid thing, boy was I wrong, it was a castle!

It was really fun we felt very welcome, Cannon was one of only 3 kids on the little kid Easter egg hunt so boy did he make a haul. We had a wonderful time, it was so nice of them to invite us!

 
I think Easter marked my first major holiday with no family (obviously we felt very loved and plenty of people stepped in) but Monday I loaded the boys up and headed for Memphis-and family- we had to get to see Sarah and Ryan and their cute boys before they move. The boys had a great time playing, Sarah and I had a great time visiting. She's such a good mom! I want to be more like her. They are moving to Portland for a year and going from their home and wonderful backyard to tiny apt life. My heart really aches for her!
For FHE we made resurrection rolls (and Easter activity they hadn't quite got to the day before and I taught the boys how to "bust eggs")


Colt Man puked in the car seat on the way up I thought that was pain...oh that was before the ride back when we had 8 stops-8!!!!! Its a 3 hour drive...well its supposed to be but I figure 4 with the kiddos and really this time it was ever bit of 5 and Colt SCREAMED most of it. Oh my goodness, it was awful. And I'm getting really proficient at taking the car seat apart and washing it because once again he puked and puked and puked. It was awful! A horrible drive--but we made it. We're thinking maybe he gets car sick? I don't know but the kid is not a good traveler. Cannon was a champ though--and really 2 of the stops were just to try to get the tablet to work for him (unsuccessful) but he  really did good all things considered.

Wednesday we tried to play catch up on laundry and such, we also planted our tomatoes. Time will tell on those. I should've tried to play catchup on sleep instead because by Thursday afternoon the craziness of the weeks caught up with me! I felt terrible, but Isaac took over and I went to bed and I think I'm on the mend :)
Colt hit the 8 month mark this last week. (When he was chewing on a new shoe I stopped to take a picture.)
 
I think the up on his knees pics are going to be old news soon, but they are sure cute now. He crawls up to everything like this!
And I'm really not one for nakey pics but these two cute little bums lured me in. Cannon rolled over to play with his new bath toys and Colton wasn't 2 seconds behind him flipping over.  And is it just me or do Colt's thigh's look bigger? Their waists comparable too... one of my kids eats, and one doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment