Anyway, two weeks ago we had SO MUCH FUN on a Friday night playing a little soccer as a family that last week we headed out to do it again. Cannon wanted to take his excavator-which we were fine with but ultimately that meant he wasn't at all interested in playing soccer. We ended up with a little game anyway, in and around the playground equipment with some of the other kids that were there AND Isaac also ended up with a broken foot, via kicking a pole.
When he got back from clearing out trees, our #1 dad took Cann Man fishing. They had a great time! When the missionaries were over he was showing them a picture of his fish and he was said "It was a fighter!" So funny. So cute. I guess the truth be told he ran away but then Isaac talked him in to coming back and he really did reel it in himself. So I can just hear Isaac encouraging him. "Keep going Canny- he's a fighter."


Colt has been up on his knees and rock'n... if he isn't crawling by time Grama and Grampa get here I'll be really surprised. Shoot, he might be crawling by Easter but that's in 2 days and remember how I thought he was working on teeth 2 months ago? Still no teeth, just a great happy kid with Frei Ornery streak. See on the right of this next pic...I dared set him down. Outrage!
And his new favorite place to play is in the pantry! Those cans are
super fun. When Cannon asks to "Play Cans" with him then I really have a
mess. It's also a sure bet if we leave a shoe out he will find it and chew on it. So gross, I stop it as soon as I see it, but he's sneaky and quick about finding them, he's chewed on way more shoes than I want to admit!
Cannon got to have an Easter Egg hunt at preschool this week. That was fun.
And we fed the missionaries. It seems like we end up feeding them quite a bit but I feel bad for them when they pass the little sign up thing around and no one is signed up. Sometimes its a lot of work but usually we feed them pretty cheap-not that that matters but when there's six of them and its once a week it could add up but we end up doing something with rice or potatoes or pasta...anyway I'm way off subject from where I meant to go with this. What I wanted to say was having the missionaries in our home so often is probably my favorite thing about living here. They have a tremendous influence on little Cannon. (And I'm sure Colt is right behind him.) He learns there names and he asks about them even after they transfer, this week he was quizzing them on their favorite animal, then color, then scripture story. It was darling and he didn't let any of them off the hook either! Sometimes when he's tired he gets really shy but usually he just eats it up. He asked them why the Nephites and Lamanites were fighting, then he told them it was because they were "rebellious." It was so cute. Then he had them reading to us about Mormon, ran and got his other Book of Mormon story book opened it up to the part about Mormon, handed it to them and said matter of factly "Here, you can match it up!"
Little Smarty pants spiritual giant boy also (thinks) he as a new trick to get out of time out. He was in time out and Isaac and I were discussing the summer (which is TOTALLY up in the air still and its really only 2 weeks away--how's my anxiety?...) Cannon was standing in the time out corner and saying..."Mom, mom, mom, I'm going to saying a prayer." Until he finally got our attention and we folded our arms. He went on and on and on prayed for pretty much everything including "Please help mom to not be mad at me, please bless her!" Yes Heavenly Father, please bless me, I need it! Later in the week another 5 minute prayer when he got out of bed (cuz the longer you pray the longer you get to be out of bed--we are totally being manipulated) but anyway after praying for everything his little brain could think of I leaned down and whispered "And please bless the food, in the name" to which he cut me off and said "NO, I didn't say that yet" Oh brother! At one point it was "And please bless that Aunt Kami can take care of....(dramatic pause) Ole Ky." Ole Ky! It was so funny, I'm still laughing.
We followed that Bundy Ranch mess on the news--ok really I just loved seeing that desert and the cows on it. Looked like home. Actually my dad used to run cows there on the Gold Butte but they haven't for years...probably since the federal government got involved. I'm just mouthing off-I don't know that, or when they stopped. I know the situation probably wasn't handled the best from either side, and thankfully it ended before more than (a ton of) cows were lost. We do have a book of all the high priests in our old ward, one of them figured his house was burned down by the BLM, and another worked for the BLM for 29 years--but had since retired whenever he was interviewed. His comment was that the BLM used to manage land and now he's not sure what they do. Hmm.
I better stop.




No comments:
Post a Comment