And I'm re-posting the picture right here because I think its cute and I want it when I print out the blog (which still hasn't happened for 2013 yet but it will) but the header doesn't print when I do it the easy way. So...
Isaac always says "This is the Life!" when were just hanging out enjoying time as a family--so that's where that quote comes from. Its a family favorite.
And on to the week:
In trying to make conference fun for Cannon...I totally made if fun for me.
We had "Fun Bags" full of the simplest things. A silky that he got to have-out of his bedroom (kind of a big deal around here) Stickers, Popsicle sticks to build a ship like Nephi, Fingernail polish to get to paint my fingernails, and toenails too, Kool Aid packet to get to make a slushy, a bag of popcorn to pop and so on. I did spend a max of $1 on a few of them, like a new coloring book from the dollar store. He got a couple new Matchbox cars (50 cents) but overall good cheap fun that had my little guy on the edge of his seat for when the speakers switched.
We had a great time with the "fun bags" and hey why not? It was like getting to open a present every 15 minutes for him. (I need more next time, "fun bags" for all speaker not just quorum of the twelve and first presidency, because its really hard for him to understand why it could be a new speaker and him not get one. Luckily with naps by Sunday we had enough for every speaker.)
We also built a train with things he recognized. He wanted the train to be Thomas and it was actually Isaac who said "Thomas....S. Monson??" And then we had it! The "Thomas S. Monson, General Conference Express! Making Tracks to Eternal Desinations" Corny? Maybe, but we had a blast! Here it is, I love the one of him showing President Monson HIS train!
What else?
I've been ordering a few things for Easter. Super fun! But in Cannon's world (because he does have some of me in him) Packages must be opened immediately. So the one day, I got a box snuck it in my bedroom stashed the Thomas outfit in the closet then planted the box back in the living room. He got to it opened it up and said "Oh...we got nuffin." It was pretty funny. But then we got another box with some new scripture books in it, I put it in my bedroom but Cannon asked 5 or 6 times if we could open the box...I held off. That night I snatched the books out and planted some water colors in the box so the next day when he asked we actually got to open the package. He wanted it to be an excavator from Grama SOOO bad...but the water colors (the only thing I did have left over from the fun bags) did keep him busy for quite a while.

And he did get an excavator from Grama...I was going to save it for Easter...but, oh well. I took a video of him opening it but no pictures--that's not like me. Anyway, he was cute.
Colt's been scavenging for snacks under Cannon's chair (he knows where to find stuff!) And then Cannon joined him.


My little eater boy has suddenly decided he has an opinion on food and if he doesn't like it he spits it out all over like a sprinkler. Great. And trying to keep Cannon from encouraging it is no small task. Oh well. Here he is driving the tractor--he's getting so big! He's also pretty fun to play pat-a-cake with!

Yesterday we went to the fire station for Preschool, Cannon got scared (???for who knows why) and was pretty timid but we had a blast and after I asked him to hold Colt on the fire truck he loosened right up and was himself. It was really fun. I was extra impressed with the firemen, they were darling with the kids!




No comments:
Post a Comment