Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tomato? Tornado...

A guy in my ward took this...his dad sat in the parking lot and watched the one in Northern Mississippi go by...maybe it runs in their family.
So I knew there had been a tornado watch for a couple days but all of the sudden when I was feeding the boys dinner Monday the tornado siren started going off...umm...crud? So we moved dinner into the bathroom. I had Cannon say a little prayer (lets be honest he's way more of a spiritual giant than me) he said "Thank you for the picnic in the bathroom."
 
So cute. Then my mom called in the middle of it, while I was blessed to be able to remain relatively calm-her, not so much, :) so I figured I better do a non-Friday blog update. First off all and foremost we are all fine! :) And thanks for the extra prayers if you were by chance one of the people sending them up for us. (And even though she was freaking out thanks Grama for requesting those prayers for us.)
Once in the bathroom I called my good friend Liz Shields and she was a huge help just to have someone who knew what to do, and she checked on us after too, so sweet. We hung out in the bathroom until the power started to flicker (on the phone with Grama again--totally freaked her out when I was like "I've gotta go the power's going out") then  we headed to the tub with Cannon's mattress over us. It was hot. (and wet because I'd washed the shower curtain and just let it drip into the tub. whoops.) Colt hated it.
Cannon's head make this picture blurry but you get the idea we were crammed in there...and yes I was taking pictures...well trying, it was pretty pitch black except the glow of my cell phone that didn't glow when I was trying to take pictures but then we got the big flash.. anyway--
Cannon went from thanks for the picnic to "I don't like the tornado" pretty quickly, he was pretty nervous.  But all was fine. The power was off for a while but we got it back last night :) Learned the emergency radio I had doesn't do me any good in the pkg with no way to open it. Its open now! Actually I learned a lot in the process but just thought I better report we're safe :)
Here's a little map of where they touched down...we live just off I-20 in Pearl right next to Brandon (on the north side of the freeway though) really we're probably right about where the red on that freeway sign is that's in the middle of the 3 T's
Ann told Grama there was a "Tomato in Mississippi" that's why the post title!
Isaac was gone to school, it was no big deal there (thankfully)

There, at least that's a little update!
Again, thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment