Friday, July 29, 2016

 Totally impossible to describe how much I love these little characters and how lucky I am to be their mom.
 
I'd say it's been a mostly uneventful week. I mean, adventure abounds but that's on account of Isaac, and somehow I still think I can call life uneventful. We survived the ward shindig last Saturday, (phew) it was fun, a success, whatever. And starting when it ended I feel like I got really lazy. I really have a hard time getting up the nerve to get out and do anything.  Isaac's around though so we do plenty! (3 trips trips to the lake/beach -I finally skipped out on tonight's- and one to the river) but the boys and I haven't done too much on our own this week. Today I invited some friends for lunch, it was fun, I told the boys it was my play date. Ha! And I guess yesterday we went to some of the boys friends from preschools house. We were going to go to a birthday party there Saturday but we eagerly scratched that because we are going to get to see Uncle Bryan in Nauvoo (or maybe Quincy) tomorrow, it will be extra good since we missed him while we were in Utah. So we did the  play date instead of party. The boys loved playing with their toys but hardly played with the other boys. An age thing? Maybe, oh well I had a good visit with their mom. 
So lets get to the pics on this uneventful post. 
Little britches his getting his hands on the o-ball. Look at that concentration. And I may have another silky sucker. Oh great.
 
Somehow these two talked me into making cupcakes. It was actually a fun little project we took some and a primary shirt over to our home teacher who turned 85 on Wednesday. He's cool guy! Cannon let me know I never made him cupcakes on his birthday and could we please light a candle...sure...Colt of course wanted in on it too. (Oh and Colt put in his birthday request this week, he wants a phone that has a camera on it. He's turning 3! Keeping dreaming little buddy--he likes to dream big I guess-He gets that from Isaac)

We also roasted a few mini marshmallows on a candle. That was a fun trick--and TOTALLY slowed them down as far as eating them. (They never made it into mini-smores but I had graham cracker and chocolate chip ready just in case.)
Such concentration!
After I burned myself with that project (making sure they didn't burn themselves) and burned myself cooking dinner the next night Isaac told me we were going to start having family safety briefings. (Not the first time he's said that-funny guy) Maybe I should take him up on it. But maybe I just requested he not fix the boys too small $1 flip flops with sharp objects (an old nail) because flip flops get left in the middle of the floor and then tripped on by me. Not fun. We might have to split the load of these safety meetings.
On to the dad man adventures. At the river: Their "Boat"
Tanner and I totally should have stayed home, the poor little toad was SO sweaty, home would have been a much more comfortable snooze...but then we wouldn't have any picture evidence--so lets say TanO and I sweat it out for the sake of documentation.
Apparently they always climb out on tree limbs like this and at their normal spot Dad can get on too and even Belle-but she fell off once into the river and it was pretty funny. (See, the documentation is important. But I  still couldn't hack the 3rd trip to the lake in one week--even though they took the Seahawk--maybe next time.)
I'd need a whole other blog to document the projects Isaac is dreaming up. Last week it was a bus that had been converted into a blood donation station-or some dang thing. And whatever else he finds on the Richie Brothers Auction site (Oh the boys were playing downstairs and I hear Cannon say "Noooo Colton you can't use that one I sold it at the auction!"....pretty sure this type of imaginary play dialogue ONLY happens at our house.) Anyway this week it is a house that's listed for 14K...pretty sure he's going to get what he pays for. He drove me by it today-he loves the idea of a project. I'm not sure we need THAT scale of a project. Maybe I should remind him how much time the doghouse took before he bites off a real house project. He would really love for me to find joy in fixing it up with him. I can't even keep a straight face typing that. I'm not for it, but I just shrug and tell him to do whatever he wants. Next week, could be something entirely different. 

Significant things this week.
Cann's been trying to be a little more brave and swim a little without a life jacket.
Colt says "Got it mom?" or else "Right mom?" about 400 times a day, not sure its significant but it does sum up the week.
Tanner's finding his little voice and its pretty dang cute, when he gets making all kinds a squeaky  noises Cannon tells him he sounds like "a dead cat"...pretty sure he means a dying cat--they have a story book where Ernie describes Big Bird's violin playing as a dying cat-so that's where it comes from but at any rate its pretty funny.
On Shad's (Elder Rosaschi) recommendation I reread my patriarchal blessing this week. That was awesome and I should do it more regularly. It was a perfect dose of  feeling the Lord's love in my life mixed with  knowing I can do better and in specific areas! Yike! But in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment