Friday, July 22, 2016

Nauvoo & More Summer Adventures

Oh what a week. I cannot even begin to describe how much fun we had Nauvoo. We stopped for a little picnic lunch and saw kids from primary at the park, then I got to go in the temple and the first person I saw in there was Sis Gilchrists from our ward. Then we met up with the Sheilds family! It was so good to see them and visit we had so so so much fun. We didn't get there in time for carriage rides but the boys still walked over and checked out the oxen and then they rode the carriage when it was on its way back to the barn and they got to make a human fence when they were moving some horses -the boys thought it was pretty cool, and Liz and I got to catch up. A little while later the Marchant's got there which just made it more fun! Such a great little reunion! The kids were so happy to see each other they would have been content to just stay right on that one little piece of grass and race and play! But we did hit some of the historical sites and probably did more of them than we ever have-everything's better with friends!! We weren't going to stay for the pageant just because the boys were tired and they wouldn't enjoy it but...we did! And they did enjoy it. No Way we're we bail'n out on that party early-it was too much fun! And we're so glad we stayed, the pageant was great!
 
Now the bad news is that we didn't get home till 1 o'clock in the morning. So Sunday morning and Sunday at church were a little rough...ok completely disastrous-but hey we survived it and it was totally worth it. 
Monday we had the missionaries over and they said "Hey are you busy Thursday?" which I wasn't so I could take them to there transfers which is what they needed but...yikes! I'll get to that. Tuesday and Wednesday we went visiting teaching. Wednesday we also went to some people in our ward's farm my boys were in heaven! Me? well, we know I'm not an animal person but it was OK. I told Isaac if I die he should totally marry a farm girl!
 
Thursday was a disaster, where to start? Oh yeah at 4:45 in the morning so I could pump for Tanner. Then I get over to the missionaries to pick them up and I can't get their suitcases to fit in the back of the van. Crud. Wait backing up. I'd agreed to take the missionaries but then we found out another lady in our ward was going to have to go too. Isaac intervened, having had to take them before when not all of them need to go, they just want to go. I get it, its fun for them to see old friends/companions and so on but not at the point your going to make extra people drive 6 hours! So basically Isaac has been in that situation before so when it was me he stepped in and talked to them about being reasonable and even if the other person could do it, it would be better to have that sister available next time so the 3 that need to go, go with me (cuz with all 3 kids I didn't have room for 4) anyway and the other sister could just go on a split with sisters here. Ok. Cool. I totally agreed with Isaac so that morning I get there and we (correction I-they seriously just stood there and watched while I loaded reloaded and tried to arrange all of their junk, I wasn't amused) We interact with a LOT of missionaries, we love the missionaries...these ones struggle... anyway finally we just threw one of the big suitcases in the front of the van and headed back to pick up the boys. While driving I have an epiphany-we can just use the dog carrier. SO I wake Isaac up and ask him to put it on. Well he gets dressed and goes out there and starts lecturing the missionaries about not having so much stuff. "We talked about being reasonable, it is not reasonable to have this much stuff." He says to the one that's staying! So at that point I get uncomfortable because even if he's right I don't feel like its his place to tell them and I still have to ride 3 hours with these kids. (And there would have been plenty of room if the other lady would have driving too but it was our fault she wasn't...anyway) I did have him put the dog carrier on. We put one of the HUGE suitcases on it. And away we went-I'm telling you though they just weren't firing on all cylinders, big broad shouldered missionary sits in the back between the boys car seats, little tiny missionary sits shotgun??? Oh and did I mention Colt was screaming cuz he got woke up (and oh he is a screamer-I hate it but I haven't cured it yet) So we get there I didn't think about the fact that we had to take the dog carrier off to get to the trunk but we did and we left it with the missionaries at the church and headed for the Marchant's. We get back on the freeway and Colt says "I need to Puuuuu" I was like "What? You need to poop? Oh we were just at the church hang on we're almost to the Marchants" bla bla He says "No, I need to Puuuuu." I think he had to tell me "throw up" before I realized he was saying "Puke" So I frantically empty a box that had snacks in it and throw it back to him with instructions "If you puke, your head better be in that box I'm looking for an exit!" Then Cannon's giving me a play by play. Oh man. He did puke. In the box. We survived it. And had a great time at the Marchant's. Totally great to get to see the Marchants twice in one week that was awesome! I had taken the Shields boys some primary shirts but I didn't know in time that the Marchant's were coming to Nauvoo but I took them some this trip and they loved them. Hunter kept saying "This is my new shirt!!" That was fun. The boys said "next time can we come and NOT bring the missionaries?" haha ya, no kidding.
 
But we enjoyed our visit, it went by quick and the missionaries text and said they were ready-so we headed back. This time the new one's stuff fit easily in the back of the van, but then we had to put the dog carrier back on to bring it home. So I'm holding Tanner thinking one of the Elder's was going to help me? Nope. So I'm carrying it across the parking lot in one hand and baby in the other-Cannon was trying to help so then the Elder who was supposed to be helping sees me and comes to help-well he gets a buddy to help. So it takes 2 of them to do what I was doing with one arm while I had a baby in the other arm-- intermission in my story: Isaac just wants me to be happy in whatever situation or circumstance that happens. So when he asked how it went I said "Good" I wonder how he feels about liars? So this is so long because its really my chance to vent. Sorry readers. But okay Time in. Two Elders carry it to behind the van (I had parked in a different spot because the Sisters I was taking were in the different spot all standing by their luggage) anyway they take it behind the van and set it down. Ummmm thanks. So I get a blanket out and set Tanner down in the shade and I put the dumb thing on including crawling under the van to do the stupid little pin thing-I forget how handy Isaac's long arms are. BUT I forget and its totally my fault but if I haven't painted a picture of myself being frazzled I assure you, I was! So forgot the little piece of foam that he puts under the lip of the dog carrier so it won't scratch the van. I remembered when we were about 1/2 way home. Too late. So yeah all of this fun and I totally scratched the crud out of the bumper of the van by taking the dog carrier which we didn't even need on the way back. (Along with "Good" I did tell him this part) But yikes. He wasn't mad, he just said "bummer" ya bummer! And he was right, unreasonable for them to have such dang big suitcases. And...I'm still going-of course I am- we got home and Cannon said "My tummy hurts" So it wasn't until later that night but we topped off the day with Cannon puking all over the carpet-no effort to get to the bathroom or the garbage. I know he's only 5 but I was so frustrated! Both boys were one puke and fine afterward, thankfully it wasn't worse, but I don't know what got into them? Tanner got in on it too-he puked all over me! At 3 1/2 months he still gets a pass though. SOOOO I wasn't sad to have yesterday end! Today we bought stuff for the little ward activity primary got thrown under the bus on being in charge of. Depending on how tomorrow goes I just might end up on the inactive list! 
And tonight the Kaden's had the Lingwall's and us over for hot dogs and a little slip'nslide fun. HOLY COW, such a great time! I told Isaac it was the funnest date we've been on-maybe not ever but in a long time! Cannon was timid but then ended up having a good time. Colt only went down twice and only then because Isaac told him he had to if he wanted an Otter Pop. I don't know what his deal was but he missed out. (I was chasing Cannon -then I'd push him and make him go way faster, it was so fun- but I ended up totally taking out their 3 yr old. He didn't get hurt-well yes he did-but not a lasting hurt but I felt so bad and stupid that it kind of put a damper on it. But except for that it was a blast!)

 
Oh and Isaac and I raced-I tried to cheat but he still won.
https://youtu.be/4DH027FkFWs
And the weekly random pics:
I've been pretty homesick this week maybe just because we went ONE time and I HATE the idea of being twice a year people, I'm still hoping for October but Cannon will have school sooo....-these pics of Colt eating watermelon didn't help, they just made me wish he got to eat watermelon like that with Grampa... But I got to talk to my dad a couple times so that did help.

These two-they're buds! But Cannon is hard right now, its worse when he's tired I've noticed. But I keep telling Tanner not to get any sassy ideas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment