Friday, March 15, 2019

I might have to start blogging on a different day. Isaac hates it when the blog consumes me...maybe he doesn’t realize the blog is what keeps me sane-or maybe my sanity is debatable. Hmm anyway when I started blogging 9 years ago I blogged on Sunday and summarized the week. Isaac hated it cuz that was our day to spend together (actually now that I mention it he hated a lot of what I always did on Sunday-like... never mind I was definitely better at always keeping the blog positive back then too-ha.) anyway so I switched to Friday for him but now Sunday might be a better option for blogging cuz he’s gone most of the day Sunday most of the time. Screen time -scripture movies, Mormon messages (do we still call them that?) for  the kids, blog time for me. It could work out nicely. 
But for now...
I’ll just do what I do. 
Cannon got to go to his buddy’s baptism Saturday morning. He always loves to hold Seth though!! 



Little Mr stretch and grow (above) sometimes just has to survive the Tanner love. Tan’s had a little rougher week with the adjustment this last week but it’s just life. 



Saturday Isaac had a mini youth conference thing in Quincy and it was Colts turn for one on one time! Colt really wanted Cannon to go too (as soon as Cannon said he wanted to) but we decided just him them maybe they could do it again later in the week with Cann if he had fun. He did have fun,  but they haven’t...but anyway they went to Bonkers before the testimony meeting (I got one picture but...it took a lot of zooming in to find Colt 🤣) anyway Colt came home absolutely  glowing!!! Dad time was so good for him! 
Sunday I left Seth with Grama and went to church. Cuz it was only 2 hours. I don’t know how we’re going to make it when we factor Seth into that circus and Gramas not here to feed the rest of them! But I guess we’ll figure it out somehow. 
Sunday evening: 

Uhhh maybe I need to just give in and buy a TV—they're watching it anyway...
Monday the boys came into our room dressed like this:

Well maybe this pic was after we’d sent them to get their trunks on, I think it was normal clothes and goggles initially but they said they wanted to go swimming and superdad said “why not. Let’s do it” We ended up just buying the month pass and they’ve been 3 times! It wasn’t like we were heading anywhere warm for spring break but at least they found some water. 
That first day we went Cannon’s best friend from kindergarten was there so that was fun. 


Tanner wanted to go but when we got there didn’t want to get in because the water was “too big” so the fact Isaac got him to jump in the second time we went was a pretty big deal. (I think Grama got him in the water the first day with a starburst bribe😉) 
The other thing they’ve done for spring break fun is Cannon and Isaac play basketball at the church in the mornings. Cannon is doing the best with the Seth adjustment but I think that is because he’s the oldest-he’s been here before- AND because he’s really gotten a lot of individual attention from Isaac this week. Colt gets a lot of one on one time with Grama-they’re buddies- and Tanner just clings to me. But he and his Dad are hanging out today while Grama took the big boys to the Mark Twain caves in Hannibal. We did find a minute to prune the apple trees a little together one day though-that was good. 

Lots more brother love. And they switched out BOTH of our missionaries so these girls stopped by with a little goody for the boys (and we made them cookies too) we loved the sisters and will miss them (and our p day kickball games) but I’m sure we’ll love the new Elders too.

Let’s see what else? Oh brother love...and brother fights. (Sums up life around here) 



Grama had the great idea to take the big boys to breakfast the other day...pretty sure the above pic summarized how it went. Mixed in with some good behavior and smiles too of course 😊 



And then there was Wednesday night. We’ve had a few more wasps just because it’s actually been above freezing...maybe twice...but sometimes you can hear’m. Well Isaac was asleep, and I was up feeding Seth and I heard something so I turned my head and no wasp-there was a freaking mouse!! I wanted to scream but Seth had already had a rough start to the night and puked all over and he was  actually settled down so I couldn’t scream but I grabbed Isaac. He slowly (way to slow for my liking in this type of circumstance) grabbed his glasses and said “where?” I pointed (and saw the dang thing again- but Isaac didn’t see it) so he got up and got the pack of poison the bug man had thrown behind the fridge and threw it under our bed...that was it. And then he was just awake cuz he’d had an hour and a half power nap. Great.  He  offered to find it and kill it but I didn’t know how that was going to work with Seth and I in there and the rest of the house asleep. And I didn’t think he’d really be able to find it, So reluctantly we just went to bed and I called the pest control people the next day. Wellllll the next day he brought out some more traps and that was that. We were doing the bedtime routine and I was going to read to Tanner. “Where’s your basketball pillow?” I ask and he says “in the libing room” so I went to get it and I saw the blasted mouse (I know it’s the farmhouse and there could be millions but we’re going with it was the same one for the sake of my sanity ok?) I saw it run under Seth’s car seat. I yelled for Isaac and said “bring a broom” he came and the mouse hunt was on. The living room with no way to shut the door, and lots of furniture to hide under, was a terrible place for a mouse hunt. eventually we had all three big boys “helping” between Cannon calling it a rat (Ug worse!) and yelling “dad let’s get the .22”  then getting his little toy rifle, oh brother. Sufficed to say it was a circus! Isaac wanted to use my new cordless vacuum-I wasnt amused. Somewhere along the way he said “what do you want me to do?” I said “either figured out how to get rid of the mice or don’t move me to the farm house!”  Back to the hunt-At one point it ran under the red chair Isaac was like “oh its up in the chair let’s just set it outside” but I wasn’t going for it. Luckily after a few minutes of debating it I spotted the little sucker across the room again. And the hunt continued. It moved into the dining room—the little sucker ran right at me but I didn’t have a broom. I screamed! Tanner cried oh man I was like give me the dang broom, then went and got one for myself.  It was now by the back door but so are all the shoes Ug! ! Isaac was up on a chair (why??? So all 3 boys were up on a stool in the kitchen) he was moving everything with a broom. I totally wish I had more pics but my eyes had to be on rodent patrol (I felt like I was best at spotting it) and I was trying to text a friend who was asking about one of Cannons teammates address through all of this. Anyway. Isaac was sure it just went out the back door which we had opened. I wasn’t. Kinda like the chair. But we’d moved everything and hadn’t seen it again...So Isaac was moving more and more stuff and I was saying “yes I’m sure it didn’t come back this way -100% positive” when he moved the bin (that has hats and gloves and who know what else in it) again and says nonchalantly “oh I killed it” he had dropped it on it one of the other times of moving it. At least it was over! 
Then of course everyone had to look at it. It was gone before Tanner got to see it-he was mad so Cannon drew him a picture. Colt went upstairs and told Grama “my dad accidentally killed it” 🤣
Anyway...what a circus! 
Here’s the one pic I did get. Cannon and that stupid toy rifle 🙄

Lastly here’s a few pics from the boys Hannibal adventures with Grama! She has more but these were a few they sent me.  They had a great time (and we’re pretty good for her too—good) 



Swimming Basketball and then this little adventure—I think they’ve had a pretty good spring break. 





No comments:

Post a Comment