Friday, March 1, 2019

Last week I said we were done with Basketball and going to focus on getting little brother here....whoa!!! I had no idea! I thought we had 3 weeks, well 2 but then some change cuz my boys are always late. Wrong! 
So anyway Isaac headed to Nauvoo Saturday, for the 3rd weekend in a row! Actually I would have loved to gone, it was for the sealing of a couple in our ward but it was an easy no-one week closer than Stake conf and I didn’t feel up to it! 
Isaac had been puttering with the upstairs bathroom. 


We did bring the crib up that morning before he left. (I made Isaac scrub it with bleach before he handed the pieces up. Then I rescrubbed them once they were up. Cann and Colt both had birthday parties of friends in the ward Saturday and both had a blast. It was fun but a lot of running kids too and from for me (during prime nap times haha) That night Isaac had some good helpers setting that crib up! 
Sunday I can’t remember much we went to church honestly I don’t know if it was a long day for Isaac or not. Probably. Monday I don’t remember much either but I have pictures of the boys comparing verticals. Ha. 

Cannons really disappointed his dad can’t dunk it. And hey I confess it was one of the first questions I asked Isaac when we were dating, that was 10 years ago though and the answer then was “ya, but it’s not pretty” but now he answers something like “Cannon, I work in an office, it’s not something I work on. Yeah I’m taller than Steph Curry but he plays basketball all the time that’s his job it’s what he does.” 

Tuesday we laid pretty low I didn’t feel great but I wasn’t worried about it. We played a lot of trains. That evening Isaac was Church’n it so I just let the boys watch the tablets while I laid down I wasn’t in the mood to fight them. Then when he got home we just went to bed like normal. 
If you want the short version-our little brother came-see wednesdays post. If you want the long detailed version keep reading! 
So I woke up...probably a couple times before midnight but at 12:50 I started googling. Me and Dr google 🙄. But I had had tons of Braxton Hicks contractions. But last Friday at my appointment I asked Dr Speak about it I just said this is so weird I don’t remember any of that with any of my other kids. And he said “well I know it’s not your 2nd kiddo but it’s actually really common for a mom to not feel anything until real labor on her first kid then she’ll feel Braxton Hicks on her second sometimes starting at 30 weeks and it really concerns her, but it not a big deal.” So I loved hearing that, it was great news-maybe I’m not crazy!! And besides it didn’t happen to me until more like 36 weeks, and I’d reported kinda what was going on every time I’d been it so it was good. Oh and one more thing about that appointment I measured like 37 weeks but I was 38 the next day and I was like oh that’s good cuz the week before I’d measured 35 but I was 37 the next day so I was closing the gap, still figuring little brother would come after his due date like Cannon and Tanner. Anyway back to the early hours of Wed morning — to me and google, I’m trying to figure out what is going on what I was feeling it was so localized to the front and bottom of my belly, and if Braxton Hicks did typically progress into Labor but all I’m finding is that you can’t talk through real ones you can’t walk through the real ones Bla Bla Bla. But I was walking around, at some point I did wake Isaac up, not specifically just me being up woke him up we were talking. Whatever I was feeling didn’t feel anything like when I went into labor with Tanner. (I also kept kinda feeling like I needed to use the bathroom. TMI-sorry But I never connected this with feeling “like I needed to push”) at some point I had to admit whatever these are they are definitely getting worse. I told Isaac I really didn’t want to take the boys anywhere in the middle of the night. To which he said “well if you want to have the baby here-“ but I told him in no uncertain terms to zip it and he just rolled back over the other way. So if been up up since about 1:00 but I reluctantly started timing the contractions at 2:56 but the next wasn’t until 3:04 or something like that-more than 5 min though so I was like oh we’re good even if this is real maybe we’ll make it to morning-and preferably after Isaacs class...but the next one was 2 minutes later. Oh crud! I did remember that from Tanner. So I timed one more and then “re” woke  Isaac up-yeah right he can sleep on demand but this time he wasn’t back asleep- so I said “I think I’m going to call Cassie will you grab the boys pants shoes and coats. So I did, woke her up-of course- and said “Hey I think our little brother might want to share a birthday with Zachary, can I bring you kids?” (her sons bday was Wednesday) which she’s awesome of course she said “absolutely” and they live really close to the hospital so by just before 3:30 we were on our way headed into town, I didn’t feel like the load up process was very quick but he had to do it all. As we were going down the dirt road (bumpy-he was really good to be careful for me though) I asked Isaac if he was going to just drop me off so I could be getting checked in and he could take the boys down to Cassie’s, He said “whatever you want” about 1/2 way there as I was watching the clock and feeling the every one to two minute contractions. I said yeah-I think ya better. So he dropped me off Colt was crying that he wanted to come in with me-then Tanner got stirred up. Isaac walked me in then had to deal with that -sorry hun. So I checked in at 3:41- those signatures were great I’m sure. Ha. They kept offering me a wheel chair I just said no but the lady wouldn’t let me walk up myself. Good thing since she knew where I was going and I didn’t. Anyway I get up to labor and delivery and Isaac was there pretty much right behind me. He was there before I even got changed. So the nurse lady was like ok well we need to check your cervix. I’m like yeah of course get on with it. So she’s digg’n around and finally I say “it’s gone!!” to which she replied “I think you’re right.” But she wasn’t convinced so she went and got another nurse. Can I say she looked a little more “seasoned” ???? Anyway she was like “yeah her membranes are intact and that’s the only reason she’s still pregnant.” The first nurse was like “that’s what I thought” so they called Dr Speak at 4:00 and started trying to get me an IV (holy cow pin cushion) the Dr was honest to goodness there before 4:05 and he checked for himself and said “yeah that bag of water is the only thing keeping you pregnant”  thank goodness he was quick because he the one that actually got the IV in. Then they got me some fentenyl. And he said. “Well we can break your water and have this baby or we can call Dr Potter (our anesthesiologist friend in the other ward who Dr Speak knows we’re friends with)  and he can try to do what we call an interthecal but we have to order blood work” then another big contraction but I was just trying to breath and muttered  “just a sec” when it let up a little I said “just go for it” so he broke my water and the nurse said “just push when you’re ready”.???? Uh ok ???? Here comes a little more TMI but was crazy but a short time later I said I feel like I need to or am going to poop all over and the nurse was like “yeah yeah yeah go” ???? Uhhh not what I had in mind. And I don’t know what if anything else happened but Seth was here in two pushes. It wasn’t any worse than all the contractions. 4:21 so except for all my confusion and googling the whole process was pretty darn quick. 
There ya have it there’s the birth story. I was super thankful that I had read recently about when Tanner was born (Come Follow Me had us looking at pictures of newborns and thinking about the miracle of birth before we talked about spiritual rebirth a week or so ago. Well of course we looked up pics of the boys here on the blog so then I read the stories too) but I felt like that helped me be dialed in mentally and I’d heard that “only thing keeping you pregnant is that your water hasn’t broken” thing before. 
First pic! (Photo credit dad) 

Anyway on to the good stuff! He’s here!!! Isaac went back to Cassie’s around 7 and picked the boys up so they could meet him before school. We asked his name and Seth was unanimous. Done. (Since it was at the top of our list anyway) they went to Burger King for breakfast to celebrate. 

Tanner thought after they dropped his brothers off at school he and dad ought to be able to just swing back by the hospital and pick Seth and I up and take us back to the farm house. I wish buddy I wish! But we stayed the one night, I loved having my friend Shanna there for one of the nurses, she was the one who weighed Seth and stuff I just was super comfortable asking questions if I had any. The people that work there are awesome. The fact my room was an ice box wasn’t! sorry Seth straight from the oven to the fridge. I had 4 different people try to adjust it and overall it actually dropped 2 degrees. Lame. But a good excuse for me to never set him down! We snuggled and kept each other warm. I had to cash in on the one on one time while we had it! 
His brothers are pretty sold on him! 


They were great help getting him home too


He might not be convinced. Haha.



Grama was able to change her flight and get here Thursday 
Now we’re just home and good and loving having Seth here! I say it every time but I love Love Love the newborn stage. Straight from heaven, what could be better???
The brother Love continues! 



Cann probably asks to hold him the most, I’m surprised I don’t have more pics. 
Tanner gives him the most kisses. And everyone gets excited when he opens his eyes for them! 

He’s the smallest of our kids by almost a pound (but uhhh thank goodness no epidural)  so tiny—and I love it! 
Not a red head. So surprised but I think his hair is lightening up  already. 
His own little look but I see glimpses of the other boys in him here and there.
And overall just the PERFECT addition to our family. 

More next week

No comments:

Post a Comment