Friday, April 23, 2021

April snow showers

Riz would probably look something like this if he were here. 12 weeks- I miss him, even though he never got to come. 
I think they all look pretty similar-Seth can tell them all apart! 

Saturday we had the Bryant kids over (thank Heaven it was fight city before they got here) but Isaac and Sherrida were both tied up with the Youth activity. 





(Mia was the “dead man” in the above pic) 

I didn’t say anything about Ren helping Cannon with baseball that afternoon (I was waiting to see what happened behavior-wise) but Drake told Cannon and he was pumped! They of course had to get all decked out. That Can Man he likes to look the part. 🤣 and we did get to go to the fields later that afternoon. 


I think Cannon is pretty coachable as long as it’s not me. And really all week I’ve heard “Brother Bryant told me ...” so I’m happy we got a few of Ren’s rare not studying spare moments. 





Saturday I just kept taking pictures and sending them to Sherrida-I was really just trying to brighten her day with some fun pics of some kids she loves but it totally got me in the picture taking mode. (I’m sure she loves the youth too it’s just different and hard.) Anyway So Sunday morning when everyone was all suited up I was at it again! I’ve wanted to update the pictures on my wall for a while now. I was going to go with matchy matchy blue shirts but...they just looked so sharp in their suits...and really I can change it any time I want. I take the pics myself and print them at Costco for $4 and these guys were totally willing for the small price of a sucker! SOLD! I threw in a piece of gum as a bonus 😉

The little rainbow across Colt we figured was from a piece of glass in a window just to his right reflecting light into my lens but when I asked my friend about it she said maybe it was just a little love from Riz—I like that thought. I also screwed up the ones with all four of them because I forgot to change the aperture. Whoops-but hey Colt was in focus and if I put them on here small enough you can’t really tell how blurry they are...

“Deer Hunting” his favorite 👍🏻
The only problem with all our picture fun is I can’t for the life of me remember and figure out church starts at 11:30–I hate it on the :30 it just messes with me. So we fiddled around and literally drug our feet waiting for time to go cuz everyone was really and we walked out the door at 11:30. I was unphased, until we turned at the bowling alley and I glanced down at the clock and said “11:40!! Holy crap guys church started 10 minutes ago I’m an idiot!!” So we sped up and slipped in the back just in time for sacrament. But dang, church has not changed times since we got there in time for church to started at 11...but it doesn’t! Mix our way early with our way late and we’re perfect. Hmm.
But PRIMARY STARTED BACK UP!!! Man that was so good for the boys. I hadn’t even realized how badly we’d missed that. Come follow me Sunday night was AWESOME! It was just so good for them to be telling us about what they’d learned and hearing from someone else 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Tanner told me later in the week “know what mom? The songs we sing at primary are true-cuz I really am a child of God” ❤️

The rest of Sunday’s fun. 



My sweet and thoughtful friend gave me this beautiful gerbera daisey and some Hank CD’s  I was excited to plant it...but I should have waited. It survived the snow (we covered it) but not the hard freeze the second night  😔 maybe we’ll get the second blooms 🤞🏻



And the whole sitting on dads lap driving thing...it’s cuter when they’re 2. 
Tuesday we woke up to about 3 inches of snow. Tan had been so bummed we didn’t make a snowman this year so when he wanted to I said “game on. Let’s do it.” I told him it was awesome Heavenly Father had hooked him up with one last snow before summer so he would get to make a snowman and he said “miss Jill (preschool teacher) said the weather man sent it” ...hmmm...I talked him into thanking Heavenly Father for it anyway. 😉





We already had pretty big snowballs by the time we decided  to roll them around to the north side of the house so they would last longer. I told Tanner there was no way I could lift a snowball that big. (Isaac did teach me how to run the skid steer the other day though so I thought I kindof had a back up plan) but Tan came up with the idea to use this bench as a ramp.
It worked. Barely. But it worked. We (I) rolled it up just enough to get my knee under it then kindof inched it the rest of the way-I always tell Isaac I have tree trunks for legs-and riding the bike over to the cemetery is getting them stronger so- we put them to work! 






And one little snowman he made all by himself 

The snow was pretty much all melted by Tuesday afternoon and I hope it stays gone for a long time. 

I love it when the bigger kids read to the younger ones! 



And it’s just that time of year-it’s good to get outside!! Even if they’re crazy! 

Isaac has been painting on the pump truck more and tonight he fixed the mower so we’ll be back in the mow’n business. That’s about all I can think of for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment