Friday, April 2, 2021

Happy Good Friday
To say I ran is a pretty loose use of the term ran but I made it to Rizzy’s grave last Saturday. Oh man it was hard-I bawled like crazy as I crested that hill and fumbled with the gate. But it was good. I couldn’t stay long because Isaac had Truman showcase but it was good to go alone and cry a little there. It was a beautiful sunrise as I was leaving. 

I liked how come follow me was about Easter this week and that because God’s Son did rise mine will someday too. 
The boys did chores while Isaac was a the showcase so that I would text and invite friends out and we were all happy when the Pettit’s came. Sethy and I took Michaila over to the cemetery to show her where Riz was buried and we put the flowers that Isaac and I had picked up forever ago on our date in. And today when we were there we saw that the flowers survived the wind. Yay!!

While Michaila and I went to the cemetery and the kids ran wild (they were filthy and having a blast) Ben helped Isaac paint. So nice huh? We are so lucky to be friends with the Pettit’s-we love them! And Isaac told me Ben is more fun to talk to about business ideas-thank heaven! Does that mean I’m off the hook??? A girl can hope! I should be able to just smile and nod and tell him to talk to Ben right????




Sunday we got the email with the stake movie on it...it’s long. 


The boys singing is at 59:38 we watched the whole thing for Come Follow Me that night. 

Colt my little green man came home from school the other day and told me it had been Spring pictures and good thing he was wearing his green shirt and hopefully I liked them. So I cracked up Sunday when I got the email with this picture trying to get me to buy them...

So much for that green shirt huh? 
Sunday was Grampa Chip’s birthday. We bought him lots of treats and Pepsi and told him we’d celebrate when he got here 🥳 but the boys did sing to him from  on top of the neighbors hay. I sure love these yayhoos



By the end of the weekend every single one of them had a banged up face. Sethy had a double, his forehead from when he toppled off the swing and his chin from trying to run with his hands in his pockets. It was actually the swing that got Colt and Tanner too and Tan threw a watering can at Cannon to finish things off. Colt said “I’m just going to tell my class we all get hurt every weekend.” I said “please don’t” 


And I shouldn’t have taken this picture and I shouldn’t post it but it was too funny. That close to the driveway and I just looked up and he was pulling his pants down, at least we live where we do-If anyone came up the road nobody would care. The brothers audience came a little later. 


He’s a handful! 

Shopping for equipment and then snacking on frozen peas. I dunno-that a pretty healthy snack we’ll go with it! A mom could do worse. 




Tuesday was an exciting day, we got to watch Grandma Ison and our cousin Brandon open their mission calls over zoom. Grandma is going to the South Adriatic Mission and Brandon is going somewhere in Mexico! I couldn’t hear which one. Pretty exciting. When Brandon goes that will be 3 missionaries out on the Ison side-pretty cool.



Anyway. 
Here’s the latest Tanner song


Other than that we mostly just waited for Grama and Grampa to come yay!!!! It’s alway so fun to have them come. (Of course we wish it was for a blessing but it’s not...maybe I better go listen to Tan’s song again) 
But they’re here and we’re going to enjoy the heck out of it while we can!!! 



Cashing in on birthday spank’ns. 





Thursday Colt had his first soccer game (and Grama and Grampa got to see it!) It was basically a primary activity- its 4 on 4 so out of 8 kids playing at this moment these four are all in our ward-crazy huh? Not bad for NE Missouri 


And today we went over to Rizzy’s grave to show Grampa where it was. Actually I “ran” again this morning but let’s just say I’m feeling my age. Ug!!! I twisted my ankle last week-it was giving me so much trouble today I beat up my knees compensating because most of that pounding my ankles usually absorb. So ug-ouch-I’ll ride a bike if I go again tomorrow. 

That’s about it, well...
and of course slushees and ice cream and all of that kind of fun stuff. 
 
I’m thankful for my parents-I’m glad they’re here! We’re having fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment