Saturday we had pouring rain all day! Not the best for when our cousins were here but we still had fun.
Sethy had been telling Grama on the phone for WEEKS he wanted to go swimming for his birthday so the plan was to go to Marceline while she was here. But it is only open certain days this time of year and ended up being closed the day we were going to try to make it work. (Because of weather but it’s covered so???) We ended up with a pretty fun back up plan at the local Hampton-I’d heard of people renting it for birthday parties and we decided to give it a shot! It was pretty fun.
And we were super thankful to burn off a little energy on such a cold wet indoor day. The only bummer was ten minutes in Colt took a big old chunk out of his toe while pushing off the step-it was weird and it was bad. Grama took pics but I’ll spare ya 😉
Sunday Ky and Kami’s family headed for St. Louis and the airport as we headed to church. They had a disaster where their flight got delayed over and over and they didn’t even get in to Las Vegas until 2:00am or something like that and subsequently missed work the next day. It was a mess. My disaster was they handed out new ministering assignments at church and they had assigned me to be partners with my friend who has a little boy exactly one month younger than Riz. I can’t do that! I bawled all through church I was so upset! And why do we ask “how are ya?” to people in our society anyway? I hate that question and I just kept saying casually “hang’n in there” but really I wasn’t hanging in there at all-I was completely melting down. My mom tended while I stayed at church where the internet is more reliable and led the Zoom mtg RS discussion. It was horrible. I mean I think the discussion went ok but I was so rattled. I was a disaster. That whole deal- just reading my friends name on that paper-It was just like all of my faking it-that I usually pull off pretty well (at least I think I do) totally exposed. No I’m not ok! How am I? Horrible! I’m just a mom with empty arms and a broken heart! Anyway I’ll look at the pics but that is all I can remember from Sunday. Finally Monday I text our RS Pres and said I couldn’t do it. Oh I waited to say anything until I talked to Isaac Sunday night I said “hey don’t you have to approve ministering assignments?” He said “yeah” I was like “what the heck? Why would you approve that?” And he was like “Oh, I’m just looking for things that can’t happen.” I, a bawling, blubbering upset all day mess said “well this CANT HAPPEN” anyway he offered to let the RSP know but I said I would rather do it myself. Anyway she said it was an easy fix and sorry they hadn’t thought of it. But I’m tell’n ya what-it crushed me. It’s really probably my fault for pretending like I’m fine-but, I’m just doing the best I can.
And hey—look at this little crinkle nose smile! I don’t know why he’s been doing it so much lately but I have a lot to be thankful for!!
Tuesday we went out to Edina to the Dutch Garden Nursery and bought some apple trees. It was a fun little place and by time we got out there we decided we better just go for it. We’ve wanted to do fruit trees for a while now and my moms siblings insisted on getting us some. They’re the best! It was very nice of them and we are excited!!! Hopefully we get a few apples next year but they said it usually takes 3 years before they really start producing.
My mom thought me digging while he watched/messed with his phone was pretty funny but really he had a meeting or class or something in just a few minutes from then I just wanted him to make sure he was good with where I’d decided to put them.
We cashed in on a little more Grama time. A little come follow me watching and reading Colt his library book.
The slushees and donuts and that kinda of fun stuff when Grama pics ya up from school are not pictured. Darn. Thursday morning we had to say goodbye.
Man that rips Tanners heart up every time—but I totally get him. The poor kid is me emotionally! I just try not to say much but to mostly just snuggle him when he’s sad...if he’ll let me. Sometimes he’s just too mad!!
I got some more cute pics from his teacher this week 😊


Let’s see so Thursday Colt had soccer and the big boys had piano so not only did we hang out at the Pettit’s for piano they invited us to stay and eat dinner and then we all walked to soccer -it was really fun. And perfect to have a fun day with friends to hopefully distract from the Grama’s gone blues. Tan ended up still melting down and poor Ben got the worst of it-yikes!
Let’s see so Thursday Colt had soccer and the big boys had piano so not only did we hang out at the Pettit’s for piano they invited us to stay and eat dinner and then we all walked to soccer -it was really fun. And perfect to have a fun day with friends to hopefully distract from the Grama’s gone blues. Tan ended up still melting down and poor Ben got the worst of it-yikes!
And Grama ended up in a snow storm in Colorado! What a day!
Today’s cemetery adventures: Tan shooting his bow and Seth then digging with his new shovel and rake.
Seth spotted the garden tools at the nursery the other day he said “me have it” I said “no you don’t need it” then he said “me dig Riz’s grave” ok you have my number-you’re here-you can have anything you want if you tell me it’s for there. (And really after I got so shook up Sunday I tried a little retail therapy -not like I thought it would work- but new pants for me, new hoodies for Isaac, some random others things I’m sure we didn’t need. Sure Sethy-you can have the garden tools!)
While we were at the cemetery we got the sad but really happy news that Sister Rogers passed away.
She wanted to die with Bro Rogers-that was her plan-but it didn’t work that way. As it was she got about a month back with her children in Oregon and those two only had to be apart for 4 1/2 months-not bad. They were such wonderful people and did so much good. They both ended up both sharing their testimonies right before they died. Pretty cool. I feel blessed to have known them and blessed to have heard those testimonies!
Today’s fun hookups from our buddy Jacoby
And teaching Seth how to use the salt gun-of course.
Oh and I mowed a little today but the dang thing started smoking! So I need Isaac to work his magic, cuz there is lots to mow!!
Bout it.
No comments:
Post a Comment