I get pretty amped up when I’m the host so, it was fun, I’m glad we did it, I’d do it again but…I’m exhausted!
Oh and we have a 12 year old! Crazy!! This week he told me “it’s a bummer that you’re getting old” π€£ I know! Tell me about it!
So back to Saturday-oh it was so cold at soccer again! But I got to take some pics!
I have more of Tan but since I’m phone blog’n I only have one that I emailed myself. And his cute little pose.
From Soccer we headed to baseball practice. Tan has LOVED soccer but he is kind of take it or leave it as far as baseball is concerned, but maybe as this summer wears on and soccer is over he’ll like it…π€π»
This kid was begging me to swing his bat before his birthday. This was my version of yes ππ
And I’ve heard of plugging your nose to not taste vegetables -or anything gross- (doesn’t work) but I’ve never heard of plugging your ears! It was carrot (aka poison)
Sethy snuggles! ❤️ and a pretty good find at church
***so much more to blog but I’m falling asleep so…more later! ***
Ok so more:
Monday Tanners team played a game instead of practice. Oh and this guy bought himself a wood bat on his little birthday shopping trip from Grama. He says it’s going to help him hit “nukes”

“Nukes?” I asked to which he clarified “nuclear bombs” so…. “Nucs” ok “bombs” aren’t cool enough anymore. I just hope his version of a Nuc is a line driveπ
“Nukes?” I asked to which he clarified “nuclear bombs” so…. “Nucs” ok “bombs” aren’t cool enough anymore. I just hope his version of a Nuc is a line driveπ
He had a scrimmage Tuesday night but I didn’t see much (any) because I Took this girl to Colts (last ππ») soccer practice and she was showing off her standing skills.
By Wednesday she was acting like it was no big deal.
And since this kid had weights early we decided he could open his clothes Wednesday night so he could wear them Thursday on his birthday. (He knew every present he was getting) but his brothers didn’t want to miss out on the opening of presents fun so we did Wed night and after school Thurs.
I know I have mentioned taking him to weights before but have I mentioned that I love it? I just realized this is going to be my Trump card when it comes to early morning seminary. When he says he’s too tired to get up I’m going to remind him that he was never too tired when it was for weights. Taking him now is killing his excuse for later when weights is in the school day but I still expect him to get up. ππ» sweet!
Got this picture from Bro Baker noting how Colt eats and reads at the same time “what a great student” what he doesn’t know is that he ALWAYS reads and I wanted to say take the book away and have him actually talk to someone at lunch! π
Cannon however got busted at lunch because the kids at his table were discussing a test. I’m just SO THANKFUL it bothered him to be in trouble. The teacher let them all retake a (harder “it totally sucked”) version of the test which I thought was more than generous of her. We discussed options he could have done to stay out of that situation. Like have the courage to say something and call out the dishonesty when the first kid said something. Or at very least just leave. And I had him watch that “leave the party” inspirational clip from Elder Stevenson instead of saying the Articles of Faith going in the next morning but overall I just hope he learned from it.
When mom makes frosting while the brothers are at school Addster gets the beaters!


He didn’t want a cake-just lots of cupcakes. I made lots, but he only got to light 12.


He didn’t want a cake-just lots of cupcakes. I made lots, but he only got to light 12.
Tanners stories are the best:
It was teacher appreciation week and after trying and trying to get Colt and Tanner to write their teachers thank you notes—I finally did. I am grateful for their teachers!!!! They both have great ones this year—and man, Colt was due for a good one!
Finally that little shin dig, why I was so tired last night, we invited a ton of people over, only about 1/2 came but that was still 10 families -ranging from just a couple to families with 4 kids. But it ended up really fun. A good size group but not too many. Isaac cooked the fajitas I’d prepared, my friend Emily held Addi and I ran the zip line… until Bro Tenney and Bro Dryden took over—then it was GREAT!!
This was Seth’s first time!!! (Well, since he was in my tummy π)


It was fun though-we love the med/dental students!
It was fun though-we love the med/dental students!
The worst part is preparing…trying to pretend like we’re not such messy people. But we are! π©
It seems like a simple solution-don’t be-but it hasn’t worked out for me yet!
Oh I remember one more cool thing: Seth came said me a few days ago “Mom, do you know Great Grandpa Frei?” I said “yeah! Did you get to dream about him?” And he said “yeah” so I of course asked if Riz was there and he said “yeah” good enoughπ
But while I’m doing add on things I’ve got put a couple Isaac stories I wrote down a few weeks ago on here:
“If I build that motorhome like I want it I’d might make it so Enzo can ride in there too”
Uhhh ok but I’m not going!
One Sunday morning the missionaries text Isaac to see if he could give a guy a ride to the church. He agreed and as he was throwing on a hoodie he mumbled something about “coming back here to help with the kids” as in he wasn’t going to stay at the church and watch conference there. My eyes widened “you are going to help with kids?!?!” I said incredulously. He shrugged and said “Well…that’s what I’m going to say.” I just started laughing (and wrote it down so I’d remember to blog it)
Stinker.
The guy didn’t go to conference anyway
He couldn’t find his wallet..or his keys (presumably to his house cuz he needed a ride) or his belt. Something.
But Pres Nelson asked us to please listen carefully and if there was Anything virtuous lovely or of good report let that be what I say. I have one of those too—Let me tell that story: Tuesday I went to feed Jane’s animals then it was just too late to make homemade pizza my plan before soccer so I made a frozen pizza and we had carrots frozen pizza and fruit and Isaac was like “this is delicious thanks so much” seriously he raved about the frozen pizza….I was like this guy is AWESOME and why don’t I make life easier on myself more often?
He’s pretty great. Those stories are a few weeks old but as I pasted them in —in that last one—today he made himself a leftover fajita salad…or something. Made it himself then thanked me (I guess for having the leftovers in the fridge) because it was “one of the best salads he’s ever had in his life”
He’s a character-horse IN the motorhome-but we love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment